The #1 Writing Tool

Event planning, clients, making cash and more.

First, a Cash and Exercise update:
Just spent a whirlwind trip gathering Shopkicks and exercise at Target, Brighton Collectibles, Best Buy and TJ Maxx.  Total kicks earned were 445, helped immensely by the 200 Shopkicks at TJ Maxx, and 1.5 miles were walked.  With the Shopkicks I had before, I'll be cashing in 500 for a $2 Amazon gift card. Now, that doesn't sound like much, but a couple of days ago I was able to cash in 1250 for a $7 gift card, so it's all adding up. Plus, it's forcing me to get some exercise!

I've been experimenting with Rev.com, a site where you can earn money by transcribing audio files. I've been doing it for a month and I've made about $70. I won't lie, I think my hands and fingers are going to fall off. BUT, and I think this is important, this isn't one of those sites you sign up for and you never get the jobs they promise. There are transcription jobs added by the minute. Although I completed enough projects to move onto higher placement, I admit that it takes me a lot of time to do them. So, it's only when I know that I have a lot of time.  I tend to do them in the evening, once the day's distractions are over. People in the community are super helpful and fast to respond. So, if you aren't suffering from carpal tunnel, this might be something you'd like to try if you are a decent typist and have a little time on your hands.

I signed up for Ebates.  I earned 16 cents from buying an adult coloring book at Barnes and Noble. Thought it might help me calm down and let me concentrate on my writing. Haven't tried to color a page yet, but maybe tomorrow.

Okay, now for the event planning and clients update:
I'm helping one of my clients design what she needs for a booth she won at an upcoming industry event. I've been going back and forth on how best to present the info to her. I think I may use PowerPoint. That seems to give me a little more flexibility and space rather than word or excel. I'm coming up with the strategy of the giveaway she'll offer to help attract people to her booth. And, I'm suggesting a green candy bowl with purple and white stripped mints (her logo colors are green and purple). Cute, huh. Who doesn't love a good mint!

Met with another client and designer yesterday to talk over his book publicity and business launch. We set some plans in motions to work on an email campaign and finally got a Hootsuite account opened for him so that I can help him manage social media. We also went over results from a recent geo-targeting campaign we developed for him. We used this great company called UpSnap, whom I highly suggest. Here's what they did:  they show banner ads on phones that pop-up in apps when you are in a certain geographic area. For instance, you are near a mall and checking Instagram. An ad pops up that there is a sale at a store close by and if you click through, you can get a special savings code to use instantly. That's just one of the applications, but it's an easy way to see how it works.

Earlier in the week. I met with my good friend and designer, Craig, so that we could brainstorm some other networking opportunities. Craig also designs t-shirts and other items, which he sells on several sites, including Etsy. You should see what he does, here. Really cool stuff.

Yesterday, I forced myself to reach out to several old business acquaintances to let them know I am available if they have any creative needs.  It is so hard to do, but if I don't do it, no one else is going to do it for me, right? Usually nothing just drops into my lap, so NO.

Altogether, a busy time. And hopefully, busier still.

Leslie






Comments

Popular Posts